Thursday, December 29, 2011

Training for equality – 06.10

On 06.10 me and class mates of mine went to the first meeting of volunteers that wanted to be trained on the topic “equality”. We went to the European centre in our city, which is a building that hosts European events that are funded by the European Union. When we walked in the room we were supposed to train in, I was amazed of that how big the group was, and I even worried about how exactly we would train efficiently when we are so many, but my worries were in vain because our tutor was great and very cool. We started off the training with an interactive game which aim was to make us know the people that we were not familiar with in the room. After that we had discussion about our own opinion on equality and then we proceeded with the first part of the training which was communication and team building. This first gathering was all about playing interactive team building role plays that aimed for better communication between each other. For me it was an amazing experience to see so many young people working together for such a good cause. It was an incredible experience that I loved so much! I do not often go into one room, visit and event, and on my way out notice that I have gained new skills in such an important field such as communication and team building. The thing we learned to do will be beneficial for in every sphere I can think of and I very grateful that I had the opportunity to participate in this project. I cannot wait until the next meeting which we will be on the topic Leadership.  More information about the project is accessible at http://europeinfocentrec.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-post_12.html .
___________________________________________________

First CAS meeting for 3rd term - 04.10


On 04.10 me and my classmates once again gathered in the school library with our CAS coordinator in order to decide on the events we will be participating during the 3rd term. It was very fun as always, but this time I noticed that everybody was doing his job more quickly, we decided what we will do two times faster than our previous meeting and I could not hold myself but to notice that we are getting way better in what we do. It has always been interesting for me to observe how people learn to perform certain activities bit by bit, one step at the time, to watch how quantitative repetition turns into qualitative alternation and we gradually become better at what we do. I am very pleased to notice that such changes have affected me too and could not be more thankful to my CAS coordinator – Ms. Petarcheva, who supports us and gives us the unique opportunity to develop our personal qualities and convert them into real-life experience while we actually have fun. Thank you, Miss =] 

No comments:

Post a Comment