Thursday, December 29, 2011

Painting eggs for Eastern – 19.04



On 19th April we went in the local retirement home for old people, with which we have a long lasting relationship of events for helping the residents of the facility. As it was the Great Thursday – the day when woman should paint the eggs – we went to help the people in the home to do their eggs. It was extremely fun to do this and we made some very beautiful eggs. As always the people from the home were incredibly kind and open hearted and I spend an amazing time with them. Before painting the eggs we put a little show for the residents of the home as we read to them some of the best poems dedicated to the bright holiday that was still to come. I found myself developing my communicational skills because I had the chance to talk to most of the home’s dwellers. It was one amazing day spend with amazing people and I was very glad that I had the opportunity to participate in it. 


______________________________________________


Collecting books for charity – 14.04

Our charity club decided to help the local library as we collect vintage books in order to donate them in the library. The books were gathered from any students and teachers that wished to donate some books. We managed to collect a lot of fine literature works that I am sure will be of great value for the library. I was glad to be part of such a wonderful initiative because I myself am a very keen reader and I was very excited from the chance to help the local public library. 



No comments:

Post a Comment