Sunday, April 10, 2011

Flash mob with ecological cause (against pollution) – 22.03



After giving away all of the stickers, we continued our participation in the holiday with taking part of an amazing act of performing art and more precisely  - a flash mob! The goal of the mob was to attract people’s attention to a very important issue – pollution. People that took part of the flash mod had to come up with a scene that illustrates their own appeal to people against pollution. The flash mob was frozen one, which means that on a given signal everyone should freeze in a still picture until another signal is given. The scene that we chose to freeze in was illustrating a plastic bottle that was falling on the ground and our idea was to show how reckless we all are as human being when it comes to keeping our planet clean. I was extremely proud that I had the chance to become part of such an event and I must say that I will always remember it! It was really amazing and incredible to participate in and observe!









Giving stickers at Veliko Tarnovo’s Street Parade – 22.03

After visiting school and decorating the eggs we went home and prepared for the other part of the holiday - the street parade. Veliko Tarnovo is the only city in Bulgaria that has a street parade and we were very excited that we would be part of the event. This evening we had to give away stickers to people with the hope that the positive wishes that were printed on these stickers would make the day of the strangers happier and more positive. At first I did not expect people to react very well but once we started giving the stickers I realised that they were actually really cheering up the people we gave them to. It was amazing to observe the strangers we handed the stickers to, because at first they looked at them with a bit of a frowned faces but as soon as they read the message on the piece of paper everybody smiled and looked back at us with gratitude. I once again felt very useful to the people and it was very important for me to receive these positive reactions because they remind me that everything we do is in order to help somebody. This event also gave me opportunity to develop my communicational skills because talking to so many strangers it’s not an easy job if you don’t know how to approach people. Generally speaking the whole involvement in the holiday of Veliko Tarnovo was really amazing for me and I will always remember the night as a very special one.


No comments:

Post a Comment