Thursday, December 29, 2011

Theatre play – 09.05



We visited the local theatre to watch a student made play, called “The Party”. At the beginning of the play I thought it looks promising but after a while I found out that the actors lack any sense of acting and I spend the rest of the play in complete boredom. I was really annoyed by the play and I could not wait for it to finish. At the end of it I was grateful that everything was over and hurried to leave the hall in order to save myself from the negative feelings that took power over me during the play. 



Giving the collected books to the local library – 21.04

When we went to give the books we collected with our campaign we did not expect such a warm welcoming form the staff of the library but the people working there were really grateful for the donated books. They showed us around the library and let us see the archives of the building which was an incredible experience. I had the feeling that I was walking around history when we got down stairs in the basement where the archives of national document is housed. I had the chance to see some very interesting pieces of written history which would not be possible without the assistance of the librarians.  I would like to thank them very much for the tour around the library and the things they showed us. I found out that being a librarian is not an easy job and it takes a lot of organizational skill to do the job. The women working there showed us some of their daily obligations and explained us the way books are organised and classified. I learned many new things and started to realise how important and valuable libraries really are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment